Monday, October 10, 2011

Daren - Personal Credo

The first thing I believe in is goals. I believe that if you are truly determined to reach a goal, you will reach it, but you may have to make sacrifices along the way. One of my many goals is to become Valedictorian of my class and to get the scholarship. Because this is my goal, I have to work really hard in school, and sometimes I don’t get any "me time" but I hope it’ll be worth it. But when you really want something you have to do whatever it takes to get it. Along with a goal you must have the will to do whatever it takes to reach it, but not to take the cheaters way out. Just because I want to get good grades, doesn’t mean I take the easiest classes there is to pass, I still challenge myself with all the classes I can take. And I think that I will feel much prouder when I make my goal, because I took the hard way, and not the easy way. 

Along with goals comes faith, faith in you and faith in God. You must have faith to get anywhere, you can’t become a professional athlete without having faith that you will get there someday. The same is applied to any goal, and it isn’t only hard work, but having faith in God to help you. There are many times I had a problem and God helped me through it, most of it was little things like studying harder for a test, or helping me sleep because I worry about everything, but bigger things can be helped too. You hear all the time about people who were chronically sick and prayed and believed they could get better, and eventually they did. You should listen to them and just believe. 

I also believe strongly in honesty, Honesty is the best policy. I almost always tell the truth, and when I don’t it eats at me, sometimes I think I have the worst conscience of anyone I know, even things I didn’t lie about, but didn’t tell the whole truth, that’s the same as lying. Perhaps because I tell the truth, I expect others to also, but that isn’t always the case. Wouldn’t the world be so much better if everyone told the truth? 

So even though I don’t know what I will be when I get out of school or where I will go in life, I have told you what I am doing to get where I want to be. I hope you will do the same and build your life from honesty, faith and goals. 

Daren

No comments:

Post a Comment