Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Playing ‘Stupid Games’

I agree with Jane McGonigal because at the end of the day you still have to face your problems in your life.   It's a part of life that's real that fake games can't solve.   You can play it but it's not going to do anything. Yes I wan to stop playing sometimes and what I would do with that time instead of playing games is go to sleep, watch TV, start acting silly, text. etc.

 I play games on my phone but not game systems unless I want to be a clown. But it don't take up to much of my time because I just can't sit there and play games all day long I get bored and tired of the game. I really don't like games that are just not my type of activity to do. I hate games I only play them to joke around with my cousins or whomever playing it at that moment causes they gone keep asking me till I get up and play with them.

 With that time instead of playing games I think I might be sleeping, texting, out the house, etc. I have other things to be doing besides playing the games all day long. I can go shopping, go out with my friends, do a little bit of my homework, or help other people around my house with things they might need help with. Or I can just do nothing at all and have free time to myself and relax in my room laying down and/or watching TV or listening to my music.

Isaziah

Yes, video games have had a scary power over me. If I see a game that seems interesting and I am in the middle of something important, such as homework, I'll tell myself just to try it just once then I'll get back to my homework. Sometimes even if the game is boring I'll be addicted to it and still try to attempt to beat the game. Next thing I know it’s passed a reasonable time, my phone battery is dead and my homework is still incomplete!

I usually play strategize games that help me think well. I believe they improve many skills I need such as reflex and fast thinking. Games usually helps me kill time especially when I'm bored and have extra time on my hands. Also when I try to keep my head off of certain things it helps. It seems as a relaxed sometimes, unless I'm loosing of course.

When I cant stop playing it never seems as a problem to me, it's just temporarily addictive to me. I do sometimes wish I can stop playing the games, but when I know that it is time to stop I have the ability to stop playing. Video games are not what certain people make it out to be if you have the strong mentality of when to play games and when its time to be serious.

Britnee

I do not spend too much time playing those games. I will spend at least two hours a day playing the games on the smart phone or other portable device. Many people find video games addicted will not this guy.

On spare my time I like playing games.  I like playing games like angry birds, fruit ninja, draw something, and the most challenging one yet temple run. These games are interesting and keep me calm and help to focus on things.

Playing games like those are very hard to stop playing. Many people would keep playing until their smart phones need charging. With time that playing games I could probably be doing chores or studying.

Posted 1 week ago by Gerald



My phone, the computer, and games never had a scary power over me. I tend to play them the most when I'm bored and have nothing to do. They keep me entertained so I can have something to do during my spare time. Jane McGonigal has a point. Games aren't an escape from reality but an optimal form of engaging it. It doesn't distract us from our everyday activities; it just gives us something to do when there's nothing to do.

There is some truth to what Mark Pincus said about game mechanics. Games will be a new skill in the economy because they're played everyday for entertainment. I personally don't care for playing games all the time because I always have something to do so they don't really matter to me. Instead I just help my parents around the house, spend time with my sisters, and just keep myself occupied throughout the whole day.

Sports and other extra curricular keep us busy during the day. The electronics are just there after the working day is done. Just relaxing and enjoying the rest of your night. So therefore electronics are not taking up all of our time. Also, they are not an excuse to escape reality just to ignore everyone around you. Of coarse they're just here for entertainment, nothing more and nothing less.



Brittany



A game has taken en up to much of my time temple run the game is very addicted.

Temple Run is an endless action video game. The game revolves around curious explorers attempting to steal an idol from a temple and being chased by demonic monkeys. Therefore the name of the game is called "Temple Run." The player controls the explorers and aim to run as far as possible without being eaten by the demonic monkeys, as the game is endless.

It is currently released for IOS systems, including the IPHONE and the IPD, and the ANDROID platform. Yes the game has had scary powers for example you have to run and get the coins and try not let the monkeys catch you its really scary. In the iTunes store, it has been in the top 50 most-downloaded apps in December 2011. Eventually became the number one free iOS app. It has also reached the position of the top grossing iOS app.

The game itself was formerly 99 cents. Now it relies on players purchasing in-game coins. While the game itself is free. Jane has a great point playing video games are a get away for youngsters. YOU NEVER WANT to stop playing its basically addicted making kids put everything to the side just to play a game.

Posted 1 week ago by Ajeeah



The Video Games I play usually keep me occupied for hours. Sometimes I can play video games from dusk till dawn. When I'm done playing Call of Duty for about 3 hours Ill pop in Batman: Arkham City and glide around Gothem or play Left 4 Dead for a good two hours killing zombies in the process.

Video Games like Modern Warfare 3, Madden 12, WWE 12, Left 4 Dead, Batman: Arkham City, are the games I like the most as of now. I tend to play these games on the daily. When I'm home I play video games the most. At school on the computer or on my phone is where the rest of the game time comes in.

Video Games take me out of reality and keep me from falling in a state of boredom. When I'm mad I play video games to calm me down and get me in a good mood. Also when I need to kill time I can just play a quick game of madden online to shorten the time.

I agree with everything Jane McGonigal said about video games. We can’t do it in the real world why not does it in a video game. If you don’t agree you need to buy a Xbox 360 right now and buy Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 and tell me your not addicted the next day.

Mark Pincus, founder and chief executive of Zynga, said recently about how game mechanics “will be the most valuable skill in the new economy" I agree with him because as a game developer myself there are ways to program the finest things in life. The codes game developers use are advanced and should be used in other technology besides video games.

I never want to stop playing video games because games and music are my life and without them I would be lost.

~Gunnah~



  I personally do not spend my time playing "Stupid Games” on my smart phone the only thing really use it for is Twitter. Other than that I rarely text people and sometimes I use Google for things I want to know.

However, when I'm on my school device I use it for "Stupid Games" such as Temple Run and Fruit Ninja. The only time I really do school work is if I have to write it out or ill use my Tablet to type it. Games like "Temple Run" and "Fruit Ninja" gives you a drive to beat your friends or even a complete strangers score. Sometimes it does keep you playing for longer than you expected and you find yourself stopping only because your battery is now at 5% or less.

Overall, Yes I do spend too much time on these crazed games. Especially when I'm home alone bored and have nothing to do. If these games were not created I don’t what I'd spend my free time doing.

Sherifa

 I have to admit I do spend too much time on smart phones playing stupid games. Games like Angry Birds, Temple Run, and Fruit Ninja happen to be very addictive. Just the fact of you beating someone else score gives you that extra drive to keep playing.

They made games for android/smart phones so you can have something to do in your free time. In Temple Run, the objective is to run from crazed monkeys for as long as you can to collect coin and power-ups. In Fruit Ninja you have to slice the fruit with a samurai blade without hitting the shooting bombs popping up at the screen. Finally, Angry Birds is games where you have find hidden eggs and kill pigs in order to get points.

These games are very fun and addictive while playing on my free time. I'm glad people came up with the idea to create games because I don't know what my spare time would go.

Rashawn

No comments:

Post a Comment